Marion Munley is a lawyer specializing in personal injury, trucking expert, ligation, trial, and medical malpractice. Besides being known for her job, Marion has been married to Matt Cartwright, an American politician and lawyer representing Pennsylvania’s 8th congressional district since 2013.
Marion Munley has represented more than a thousand individuals and their families from Northeast Pennsylvania and nationwide in complex personal injury litigation in state and federal courts.
|Marion K. Munley
|Month of Birth
|Place of Birth
|Personal Injury Lawyer
|Father: Robert W. Munley
Mother: Bernadine Munley
|Matthew Alton Cartwright
|Jack and Matthew Cartwright
|Marion L. Munley
X (formerly Twitter)
Marion Munley Biography
Marion K. Munley was born in the United States of America. She grew up in Archbald and has lived in Northeastern Pennsylvania, where her ancestors settled, for most of her life.
She celebrates her birthday every year on July 4th, which also happens to be the annual celebration of Independence Day in the United States.
We don’t know her exact age for now as she has not shared it with the public.
In terms of family, Marion’s father is Robert W. Munley, and her mother is Bernadine Munley. Additionally, she has four siblings, all of whom are lawyers. Their names are J. Christopher Munley, Daniel W. Munley, Robert W. Munley III, and Caroline Munley.
Marion was named after her paternal grandmother “Marion L. Munley,” who became the first woman in Lackawanna County to serve in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives.
Unfortunately, Marion’s paternal grandfather, who originally held the position, died when he was 40 years old in 1947.
Marion Munley started her academic journey with studies at Trinity College Dublin in 1980. Following this, she attended The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) from 1981 to 1982.
Additionally, she pursued her undergraduate education at the University of Scranton, graduating cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in History in 1983.
Finally, she completed her educational endeavors by earning a Juris Doctor (J.D.) in Law from Temple University in 1986.
Marion Munley strongly advocates for people who’ve been hurt, especially in truck accidents and unsafe products. She’s known for caring a lot about her clients and works really hard for them and their families.
In her work, she has won many large amounts of money for her clients, including one of the biggest settlements ever for a trucking accident.
She’s the Treasurer of the American Association for Justice (AAJ) and even made history by becoming the first woman to lead the AAJ Trucking Litigation Group in 2018.
In the legal space, Marion is a big deal.
She also chaired the AAJ Women Trial Lawyers Caucus and was the President of the Melvin M. Belli Society.
Marion is part of important groups like the American Board of Trial Advocates, the International Society of Barristers, and the Summit Council – a special group of top lawyers committed to doing their best in trials and fighting for justice when big companies do wrong.
Also, Marion works for “Munley Law,” a law firm founded by her parents in 1959.
Licenses and Certifications
Marion Munley has obtained several licenses and certifications throughout her career:
- In March 1996, she earned the Board Certified Advocate in Civil Trial certification from The National Board of Trial Advocacy.
- Following this, in May 2012, Marion added another feather to her cap by becoming a Board Certified Advocate in Civil Practice.
- Most recently, in October 2019, she achieved the certification of Board Certified Advocate in Truck Law from The National Board of Trial Advocacy.
- The Best Lawyers in America since 2012.
- The Best Lawyers in America 2023 edition for Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs and Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
- The Best Lawyers as the 2023 “Lawyer of the Year” for Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs.
- 2023 “Mel Award” by the Melvin M. Belli Society.
- 2022 “Lawyer of the Year” for Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
- Best Lawyers 2021 “Lawyer of the Year” for Personal Injury – Plaintiffs for the Allentown metro area.
- Selected to the list of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers for the last 18 years.
- Recognized as one of the “top 50 Women Lawyers in Pennsylvania” in Super Lawyers Magazine.
- Recognized as one of the “Top 100 Lawyers in Pennsylvania” by Super Lawyers Magazine in 2022.
- Named a Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyer for the past four years.
- Recognized as one of the Lawdragon 500 Leading Lawyers in America for 2017 and 2019.
Marion Munley married her husband, Matthew Alton Cartwright, on August 10, 1985, in Archbald, Pennsylvania. They have built a life together in Moosic, Pennsylvania, where they reside with their two sons, Jack and Matthew Cartwright.
In summary, Marion Munley is an outstanding lawyer and leader who values fairness and is dedicated to assisting individuals affected by corporate errors.