Blockbuster movies like Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit would be incomplete without this actor. Stephen Ure is a phenomenal TV and media personality. You may not know him in person because he is mostly in costume. But there’s more to his personality than you see in movies. Like every other normal person, he also has a personal life. So, let’s get down to Stephen Ure’s personal life history.
Stephen Ure Profile Summary
|Name||Stephen David Ure|
|Date of birth||March 28, 1958|
|Place of birth||St Leonards, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Net Worth||$2 million|
|Occupation||Movie director and actor|
|Present age||65 years old|
Birth and early life
Stephen Ure was born in St Leonards, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, in 1958. His birthday is March 28. Nothing is known about his parents and their names. Also, Stephen hasn’t disclosed information about where he grew up to the media. We also do not know about the existence of siblings.
Stephen has successfully led a life away from the media’s all-seeing eyes. As a result, very little is known about his educational background and qualifications. However, we know that he attended the Sydney Acting School where he trained for his acting career.
Currently, information available to the media shows that the popular Australian movie director and actor is single. There’s also no information about a girlfriend or anyone with whom he had a romantic relationship in the past. His sexual orientation is straight.
Physical appearance and stats of Stephen Ure
Stephen’s slender build is the first thing that comes to mind when anyone thinks of his appearance. The movie star is 5 ft 2 inches (1.72m). His weight and his other body measurements are unavailable. However, we know that he has light brown hair and a pair of blueish eyes.
Social Media Presence
Like many other actors and celebrities of these times, Stephen Ure is supposed to have social media accounts with a massive following. However, the reverse is the case with Stephen. He doesn’t have accounts on any social media platforms, at least, to the best of the media’s knowledge.
Stephen, as most of us know him, is an actor and movie director. Some of his notable works include The Hobbit and Lord of The Rings. His first movie appearance was in a film known as Chunuk Bair. He played the role of Holy in the 1992 film. After that, he appeared in an episode of Hercules (The Legendary Journeys).
During his role in The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Stephen acted as the Orc named Grishnakh in Peter Jackson’s trilogy. He had read the book when he was a teenager and so could easily blend into the character. He recalled during an interview with Thrillist that the costumes almost caused him to hyperventilate. In LOTR: The Two Towers he played the role of the Orc named Grishnakh in Peter Jackson’s trilogy. He also played the role of Fimbul / Grinnah in The Hobbit.
Most of the movies he appeared in are horrors, but outside the world of movies, Stephen has a friendly personality.
Net Worth of Stephen Ure
In his movie career so far, he has appeared in dozens of movies. Stephen has made significant achievements in his acting career and has amassed a substantial net worth over the years. At present, his net worth is estimated at $2 million.
Stephen has been in the acting career since he made his debut appearance in 1992. Ever since he has made more than 22 credits. Below are the films he has appeared along with the year of release and the roles he played in them.
- 1992 – Chunuk Bair as Holy
- 1995 – Hercules: The Legendary Journeys (1 episode) as Farmer
- 1995 – Xena: Warrior Princess (1 episode) as Monlik
- 1998 – One of Them! as Drunk
- 2002 – The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers as Grishnakh
- 2003 – The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King as Gorbag
- 2005 – The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe as Satyr
- 2007 – Perfect Creature as Freddy
- 2008 – Legend of the Seeker (1 episode) as Benedict
- 2010 – Tracker as Recruitment Clerk
- 2012 – The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey as Fimbul / Grinnah
- 2013 – The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug as Fimbul
- 2013 – Pumanawa: The Gift
- 2014 – The Brokenwood Mysteries (1 episode) as Wyatt Brenner
- 2015 – Deathgasm as Rikki Daggers
- 2015 – Ash vs Evil Dead (4 episodes) as Drunk
- 2016 – The Light Between Oceans as Neville Whittnish
- 2018 – The New Legends of Monkey (1 episode) as Mercenary
- 2018 – Twenty-One Points as Homeless Frank
- 2018 – Mortal Engines as Pewsey
- 2021 – Vegas (2 episodes) as Bill Crooke
- 2022 – X as Howard
For a man of his class and status, Stephen Ure has very little personal information available to the media. His unavailability on social media has made it a lot more possible for him to live his chosen very privatized life.