The British Royal family has welcomed a new born, Ernest George Ronnie Brooksbank, the second child of Princess Eugenie and her husband, Jack Brooksbank. Master Ernest, born on May 30, 2023, comes into the world carrying not just the joy of his parents but also a significant piece of history.
At birth, Ernest tipped the scales at a healthy 7lb 1oz (3.2kg). His name resonates with familial bonds and royal tradition, inspired by his “great-great-great-grandfather George, his grandfather George, and Princess Eugenie’s grandfather Ronald.”
The princess shared this tidbit alongside pictures of the newborn, cozily ensconced in a knitted blue-and-white hat and sleeping peacefully in a Moses basket. One moving image revealed an adorable interaction between the newborn and his elder brother, August, a sign that August is already relishing his role as the big brother.
Ernest’s arrival made a notable impact on the Royal succession. He’s now the 13th in line to the British throne, moving the Duke of Edinburgh to the 14th place. His middle name, Ernest, hearkens back to King George V, his great-great-great-grandfather, who bore Ernest as a middle name.
The baby’s second middle name, Ronnie, is a tender tribute to the Duchess of York’s father, Maj Ronald Ferguson, who passed away in 2003. Similarly, the name George holds a special significance, commemorating Mr. Brooksbank’s father, who died in 2021 after being unwell for a considerable time.
Master Ernest’s older sibling, August, was born at the prestigious Portland Hospital in central London in 2021. Now, barely two years later, the Brooksbanks have been blessed with another bundle of joy, Ernest.
Princess Eugenie is the younger daughter of Prince Andrew, Duke of York, and Sarah, Duchess of York. As such, she’s a niece to King Charles III and a granddaughter to the late Queen Elizabeth II, making Ernest a great-grandson of the iconic queen.
The newborn, henceforth addressed as Master Ernest, was born at precisely 8:49. His entry into the world was announced with heartwarming pictures shared by the princess on Instagram, a platform she’s used to sharing many of her family’s joyous moments.
In a time when the royal family seeks reasons to smile following the death of Queen Elizabeth II on September 8, 2022, the birth of Ernest George Ronnie Brooksbank has undoubtedly brightened up the Royal family and the millions who follow them.
Facts About Master Ernest George Ronnie Brooksbank
- Ernest George Ronnie Brooksbank is the second child of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank.
- He was born on May 30, 2023, and weighed 7lb 1oz (3.2kg) at birth.
- His names were inspired by “his great-great-great-grandfather George, his grandpa George, and Princess Eugenie’s grandpa Ronald.”
- Ernest is 13th in line to the throne, moving the Duke of Edinburgh to 14th place.
- Ernest’s middle name is a tribute to his great-great-great-grandfather King George V, who also had Ernest as a middle name.
- The name George is also a tribute to Mr. Brooksbank’s father, who died in 2021 after a period of illness.
- The name Ronnie is a nod to the Duchess of York’s father, Maj Ronald Ferguson, who died in 2003.
- Ernest was born at 8:49, as revealed in the article.