The update on the Thomas Partey rape case is that he has been granted bail for the third time, according to reports gathered by Mirror.co.uk. The publication said the player, who could not be named then, was granted bail. The exact duration of the bail was not disclosed to the public, but investigations are still ongoing. However, Thomas Partey still fulfills his professional commitment to his football club even though the club says they are fully aware of the accusations. Since no charges were made and Thomas denies the allegation, he can still play for the Premier League Team. That was the update on the case; now, let me take you through all the details.
I found that Thomas Partey’s rape accusations were from two women. The first one was by an unidentified lady in April and June 2021. The second was in July 2022 by another lady, Sara Bella, a Moroccan model. The first one holds no water because the relevant legislation was not in effect then, according to a spokesperson who confirmed to Mirror.co.uk.
From a story retrieved by skabash.com, a woman who went by the handle @deffonotchaur came out on Twitter, opening up about how Thomas Partey allegedly raped her twice during their trip to Ibiza when they were dating. Skabash.com said she explained how Partey abused her because she said no to him. She said he left her unconscious on the bed. The lady said they broke up for a while until after Partey promised that he had changed. Only for them to reunite, and he abused her again. The lady went on to say that Partey tried paying her to keep quiet about the issue. The lady claimed that despite being offered payment, she still had severe PTSD and had to open up after seeing the second rape accusation on Partey. She posted her allegations against Partey on Twitter on July 28, 2022, after news of Partey’s second rape accusation came out on July 5, 2022, on several outlets like football.london.
The first lady’s accusation was dismissed, and her Twitter account, @deffonotchaur, was suspended. However, speculations still linger as offended persons take to social media to point fingers at Partey even after he was cleared of charges.
For the second rape accusation on Partey, as already stated, he was granted bail in October 2022, and investigations are ongoing, but here is the gist. Thomas Partey was detained on Monday, July 24, 2022, at an address in Barnet, north London, after an allegation of rape of a woman in her 20s was reported to police. The alleged second rape incident happened in February 2022, according to skysports.com. While in custody, Partey was re-arrested for the first rape accusations in April and June 2021. But you already know the outcome. As previously stated, the relevant legislation was not in place to charge him. On the second rape accusation, he was granted bail in August, extended to October, but on October 3rd, 2022, football.london updated that Partey was granted bail for the third time, the date not provided.
Who is the second lady accusing Thomas Partey?
The name of the second lady is Sara Bella, Partey. She is Partey’s ex-girlfriend, a Moroccan model and entertainment consultant, according to skabash.com. She allegedly accused Thomas Partey, a Ghana-born football player, of rape. Pulse.com.gh said she accused Partey of rape because he refused her marriage advances. Their relationship first came out in March 2022 when Partey became a Muslim for his then-girlfriend, Sara Bella, even though he was born as a Christian in the Eastern Region of Ghana.
Although Partey told fans he married Sara Bella and adopted a Muslim name, Yakubu. He later told fans that he changed his name back to Thomas from Yakubu. He is legally and professionally recognized as Thomas Partey. Also, Partey did not marry Sara even though Sara Bella’s now-deleted TikTok bio did read “married TP.”
So until further information on Partey’s rape case, this is the state of the matter. We will let you know once there is more to it. For now, Thomas Partey is free and still plays for his club until otherwise.