Since one can now withdraw money from the ATM machine or POS without your ATM card, let’s look at how to carry out cardless withdrawal in Access Bank, UBA Bank, GTBank, and First Bank.
Most banks offer this service but we simply want to cover cardless withdrawal for GTbank, UBA Bank, First Bank, and Access bank.
GTbank Cardless Withdrawal
GTB offers two methods for using the cardless withdrawal – GTRescue, GTConnect, and GTBank USSD code – *737#.
Cardless via GTRescue
- Log on to GTbank internet banking platform and select “GTRescue” menu option, then click on New request.
- Fill the GTRescue form and authenticate your cash-out request by entering a unique token code, then submit.
- A confirmation message with cash-out amount and withdrawal reference number displayed.
- The generated 12 digit withdrawal reference number will be sent to your mobile number and email associated with your GTBank account.
- Visit the closest GTBank ATM, press any key on the ATM to perform a cardless transaction.
- Select GTRescue option on the ATM screen and enter the withdrawal reference number sent to your mobile phone or email.
- Enter your mobile number associated with your GTBank account.
- Enter the last four digits of the reference number sent to your phone number/email.
- Enter the cash-out amount requested via internet banking.
- Cash is dispensed and the transaction is completed.
Cardless via GTConnect
Call to GTConnect (08039003900,080290029000). Request to make a cardless withdrawal. The contact agent will process your request and authenticate your transaction. Upon confirmation, a generated Reference number will be sent to your phone numer and Email associated with your GTBank account. Then visit any GTBank ATM and press any key to use cardless withdrawal.
Using GTBank USSD code – *737#
With GTBank 737, your cardless withdrawals just got easier and without internet.
- Simply dial *737*3*Amount# and follow the prompt to generate your withdrawal code and authenticate your request with your 737 created a pin.
- Get to any GTBank ATM and press any key to use Cardless withdrawal.
- Enter the withdrawal code generated into any GTBank ATM to retrieve cash.
Note: The withdrawal limit placed on this service by GTBankis N20,000 per withdrawal and you can only use GTBank cardless withdrawal 3 times per day. The Reference number is valid for only 3 hours.
Access Bank Cardless Withdrawal
Access bank offers this service via their banking USSD code – *903#.
- Dial *903# from your phone and select “Withdraw Money” option
- Select “ATM Withdrawal” option.
- Enter the Amount and validate the transaction with your PIN.
- You will receive a transaction code for successful withdrawal.
- Keep the code and visit any of our nearest ATM
- Press ‘0’ to perform a cardless withdrawal.
- Select Access Money and Input your Phone number, Amount Initiated, and the transaction code received and select continue.
- Receive your cash from the ATM.
UBA Bank Cardless Withdrawal
UBA cardless withdrawal works via the bank’s USSD code – *919#.
- Dial *919*30*amount via the phone number associated with your UBA bank account and follow the onscreen instructions to generate
- Visit the nearest UBA branch and use the ATM.
- On the ATM screen, select “Paycode Cashout”
- Enter the amount then press OK
- Your transaction will be verified and your cash dispensed.
If you want to some security to your withdrawal, extending usability, which is recommended, use this step:
- Dial *919# and press 6 to select Cardless and Paycode transaction from your mobile device.
- Create a One-time PIN (OTP). Create the PIN and press enter it to get the Paycode (Paycode is valid for 24 hours.).
- Visit the nearest UBA bank’s ATM and enter your Paycode, OTP, amount and phone number.
- After verification, your money will be dispensed.
Note: The maximum amount to the withdrawn via the ATM using cardless withdrawal is N20,000 and N150,000 through POS. The Paycode generated can be used on all UBA ATMs and other bank’s ATM with the cardless withdrawal feature. You can also share the Paycode with a third party to withdraw money, that means that you will also have to send the amount and cashout PIN. The generated Paycode can be also used to Pay for goods and services at retail outlets where the POS is cardless-enabled.
First bank Cardless Withdrawal
- Dial *848*Amount#.
- Enter the required details and authenticate the transaction with your 848 PIN.
- Create the 4-digits PIN (OTP) then send.
- You will receive a Paycode through SMS or email (Paycode will be received via the phone numberand email associated with your First bank account.).
- Visit the nearest First Bank Cardless enabled ATM.
- Enter your PIN and select Cardless Withdrawal.
- Enter the 4-digit (OTP) and Paycode.
- Enter the amount and your phone number.
- After verifications, your cash will be dispensed.
The cardless withdrawal comes very handily when you need to withdraw money from the ATM and you don’t have your ATM card with you – see it as your saving grace. Cardless withdrawal doesn’t save you the stress of having to queue up at the ATM. Since cardless withdrawal works via USSD code, it means that Cardless withdrawal is feasible if only you have the phone bearing the phone number associated with your bank account. It also works via internet banking websites for some banks.