Eduardo Cruz is a Spanish singer, composer, and producer known for his contributions to the electronic music subculture and film score composition. He is also recognized as the younger brother to Spanish actresses Mónica Cruz and Penélope Cruz.
In this article, I’d share facts about Eduardo Cruz and other exciting things you may or may have yet to read about him.
Eduardo Cruz Biography, Age
Eduardo Cruz was born Eduardo Cruz Sánchez in 1985 in the Municipality San Sebastián de los Reyes, Spain. He is the last child and only son of his parents’ three children. He is 38 years old and grew up in Spain. He has dark brown hair, a pair of aesthetic dark brown eyes, and white skin color.
Cruz Jr’s parents are Encarna Sánchez and Eduardo Cruz Sr. But, his father is dead (born in 1953; aged 62). He died from a heart attack on Thursday morning, June 18, 2015, at his home in Southeast Spain. While he was alive, his father, Cruz Sr., was a local retailer and auto mechanic, whereas his mother, Sánchez, was a local hairdresser.
Eduardo had a rough childhood following the separation of his parents. His parents divorced in 1999 when he was about fourteen years old, so his mother was responsible for raising him and his two sisters. Less than half a decade after his parent’s divorce was concluded, his father married his lover, Carmen Moreno, in 2003. He had a child with Carmen on February 24, 2012, whom they named Salma Cruz.
Eduardo Cruz’ Sisters
Apart from his half-sister, Salma Cruz, who is now 11 years old, Eduardo has two older sisters. His sisters are famous Spanish actresses Penélope Cruz and Mónica Cruz. His oldest sister, Penélope Cruz, is married to Javier Bardem, with whom she has two children, Leo Encinas Cruz, and Luna Encinas Cruz. His immediate older sister has an only child, Antonella Cruz Sánchez.
Eduardo Cruz Career, Songs
Cruz Jr. developed an interest in music at a very young age; he started composing in 1999 at 14. He first started in the Latin music genre. Still, he later decided to explore the true love of electronic music and, subsequently, film score composition following his success as a Latin music singer.
Before he ventured into other genres, Cruz Jr. already had two musical albums Cosas Que Contar and AMARTE MAS, to his name. A song titled “Tu Manera” from his 2006 pop album “Cosas Que Contar,” produced by Aureo Baqueiro, made it once to the T4C’s Top 40 Charts, appearing in a total number of seven weeks on charts, accumulating to be 41 days. A little crawl on the web shows that Tu Manera now has thousands of views on Warner Musica’s YouTube channel.
Cruz Jr. is still active in the music industry. So far, he has released more than thirty songs, and these are some of them;
- Quisiera (Graba Tu Rola, 2022)
- El Amor Comienza
- Todo Amor Que Eu Tenho por Ti (2022)
- Camminando Per Sarajevo
- Vou pra Casa do Pai (2020)
- Fontana di Sarajevo
- Un cántico Nuevo (2014)
- Camminando Per Sarajevo
- Protesto em Formar de Trap (2019)
- Donde Estas (2006)
- Cosas Que Contar (2006)
- Ni Tu Ni Yo (2006)
- Assim Como Paulo (2021)
- No Hay Nada Que Hacer (2006)
As a film score composer, Eduardo Cruz debuted with the 2011 film directed by Rob Marshall titled “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. He combines his experience in music and interest in movies to produce music for several films, video games, established solo artists, and commercials. With his special skills in composition, Eduardo always gives his best bet in the form of music that subsequently always helps to bring the story the filmmakers are trying to tell to life. These are some of his Film Scores, arranged in no particular order, thus;
- Sergio Castellitto’s Twice Born’ (Venuto al mondo, 2012)
- Jose Zambrano Cassella’s The Moment (2017)
- Rob Marshall’s Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011, tango ‘Angelica’)
- Brian Harrison’s Hell Follows (2017)
- Adolfo Martínez Pérez’ Rescue Under Fire (additional music) Theme song producer (2017)
- Paolo Jaré’s Le Idi di Marzo (2015)
- Eva Moreno & Juan Carlos Vellido’s Síndrome (2014)
Even more, Eduardo has worked with several popular brands and production companies to improve their songs. And as such, he is credited for composing the song “Decirnos Adios” on Miguel Bose’s album Papitwo (2012). He is also credited for co-composing Expectativas (2017) and for composing and releasing several tracks under the pen name Optimist, including “Sexy Toy,” which now has over 1.5 million plays on Spotify.
Eduardo Cruz has produced and co-produced several commercials and documentaries, including but not limited to these;
- Explosion Mascara commercial (Composer/Producer), 2007
- Damas jewelry Dubai commercial (Composer/Producer), 2016
- L’Agent Provocateur (Composer/Producer), 2014
- Karmi beer (Composer/Producer), 2015
- Nintendo Professeur Layton (Composer/Producer), 2012
- Liverpool v2 (Composer/Producer), 2011
- L’Oréal Telescopic Explosion Mascara commercial (Composer/Producer), 2007
- Liverpool v1 (Composer/Producer), 2011
- L’Agent by Agent Provocateur Winter (2013)
- L’oreal Casting Creme Gloss (Composer/Producer), 2011
- Rob Marshall’s Trésor de Lancôme commercial (Composer/Producer), 2013
- EPSON Printer (Composer/Producer), 2014
- Karmi beer campaign (Composer/Producer), 2017
- Penélope Cruz’ Yo soy uno entre cien mil (Composer/Producer), 2017
- Campaign (Composer/Producer), 2013
- Trésor’s Eau de Parfum de Lancôme (Composer/Producer), 2012
Eduardo received a Goya award for his contribution to a song by Rozalén and Ismael Guijarro, En Los Margenes.
Eduardo Cruz’s Wife, Daughter
Eduardo is currently in a romantic relationship with Eva De Domini, an Argentine model and film actress. Eva De Domini was born Eva Carolina Quattrocci on April 21, 1995; 27 years old. She started dating Eduardo in March 2018. Before Cruz, Eva was previously in a romantic relationship with actor Fabián Mazzei (March 2016 – 2018).
Eduardo and Eva are still together; they had a child named Cairo Cruz on October 6, 2019. According to our findings, Eduardo Cruz currently resides in Los Angeles, California State, with his partner, Eva, and daughter, Cairo. Please read all about his daughter, Caira Cruz, here.
Eduardo’s Net worth, Instagram
Eduardo Sánchez has a net worth estimated between $500,000 and $1 million. He makes his money from his career in the entertainment industry. Likewise, his partner, Eva De Domini, has a net worth estimated between $2 million and $5 million.
Eduardo is on Instagram under the username @educruzcontrol. His account is private; however, we can see that he has made 284 posts. On the same note, he has over 34.5k thousand followers.
Share your thoughts on Eduardo Cruz. Is he one of your favorite singers, producers, and composers? Did you know about him first for his craft or his affiliation with Penélope and Mónica? Let’s have a little chit-chat about all that in the comments section.