We’ll cover everything in-depth about the Wema Bank transfer code or bank USSD code and how to use it to transfer funds, pay bills, buy airtime, etc. USSD code is short for (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data), and ever since the advent of USSD, mobile phones now allow an easier banking life. Wema Bank has one of the banking USSD codes with extended features. You can seamlessly carry out any banking transaction from your mobile phone with Wema Bank USSD code (*945#).
Before using the Wema Bank USSD code, you must have an account at Wema Bank. I mean, why not, right? The USSD code only works from the phone number attached to your account. If you have changed the phone number, go to any Wema Bank branch to update your account. Wema Bank USSD code is free to use, but some of the USSD code services come with charges. You do not need internet service or a smartphone to use the Wema Bank USSD code; it works without airtime.
Wema Bank USSD codes and their uses
- To buy airtime – Dial *945*phone_number*amount#.
- For self-top-up data – Dial *945*2#.
- For third-party top-up data – Dial *945*2*BeneficiaryPhoneNumber#.
- To transfer money – Dial *945*beneficiary_account_number*amount#. Most banks charge N52.5, including VAT, for this service. The default limit is N20,000. The daily default limit can be increased to N500,000 via WemaMobile, WemaOnline, or visiting any branch.
- To check your account balance – Dial *945*0#. (Most banks charge N10 for this service.)
- To change your USSD PIN – Dial *945*00#.
- To generate a new PIN – Dial *945*100# for a newly opened account. Dial *945*50# for old accounts
- To check your account number – Dial *945*000#.
- To open a new account – Dial *945*1#.
- To change your account number – Dial *945*2*old_account_number*new_account_number#.
- For account reactivation – Dial *945*5#.
- To send money by phone/email – Dial *945*6*amount#.
- To receive/ redeem money – Dial *945*7*confirmationnumber*amount#.
- For Cash-on-the-Go/Cardless withdrawals – Dial *945*8*amount#.
- For Remita payment – Dial *945*9*RRR#.
- For ATM card control – Dial *945*11*last four digits of the card pan number#.
- Pay-with-Mobile – *945*12*amount#.
- To receive Western Union funds – *945*14*MTCN*amount#.
- To generate OTP – *945*15#.
- For DSTV subscription payment – Dial *945*16*smartcardnumber#.
- For GoTV subscription payment – Dial *945*17*smartcardnumber#.
- For Startimes subscription payments – Dial *945*18*smartcardnumber*amount#.
- To Pay electricity bills – Dial *945*19*metrenumber*amount#. This works for only PHEDC, IKEDC, EKEDC, BEDC, EEDC, KEDCO, KANO, JEDC, and IBEDC discos (Electricity distribution companies).
- For Smile subscription payments – Dial *945*20*idnumber#.
- For Swift4GBroadband subscription – Dial *945*21*idnumber*amount#.
- For Merchant Payment – Dial *945*22*MERCHANTCODE*amount#.
- For LCC Toll payment – Dial *945*23*LCC account number*AMOUNT#