We’ll cover in-depth everything about Wema Bank transfer code or bank USSD code and how to use to transfer funds, pay bills and buy airtime, etc.
USSD code is short for (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) and ever since the advent of USSD, mobile phones now give the opportunity to easier banking life. Wema bank has one of the banking USSD code with extended features.
You can basically carry out any banking transaction with Wema Bank USSD code (*945#) from your mobile phone seamlessly.
Before you can use Wema Bank USSD code, you must, of course, have an account at Wema Bank. The USSD code only works from your phone number attached to your account. If you have changed the phone number, go to any Wema Bank branch to update your account. Wema Bank USSD code is free to use but some of the USSD code services come with charges. You do not need internet service or a smartphone to use the Wema Bank USSD code and it works without airtime.
Wema Bank USSD codes and their uses
- To buy airtime – Dial *945*phone_number*amount#.
- For self top-up data – Dial *945*2#.
- For third party top-up data – Dial *945*2*BeneficiaryPhoneNumber#.
- To transfer money – Dial *945*beneficiary_account_number*amount#. Most banks charge N52.5, including VAT for this service. The default limit is N20,000. The daily default limit can be increased to N500,000 via WemaMobile, WemaOnline or visit the branch
- To check account balance – Dial *945*0#. (Most banks charge N10 for this service.)
- To change USSD PIN – Dial *945*00#.
- To generate a new PIN – Dial *945*100# for a newly opened account. Dial *945*50# for old accounts
- To check account number – Dial *945*000#.
- To open a new account – Dial *945*1#.
- To change your account number – Dial *945*2*old_account_number*new_account_number#.
- For account reactivation – Dial *945*5#.
- To send money to phone/email – Dial *945*6*amount#.
- To receive/ redeem money – Dial *945*7*confirmationnumber*amount#.
- For Cash-on-the-Go/Cardless withdraw – Dial *945*8*amount#.
- For Remita payment – Dial *945*9*RRR#.
- For ATM card control – Dial *945*11*last four digits of card pan number#.
- Pay-with-Mobile – *945*12*amount#.
- To receive Western Union funds – *945*14*MTCN*amount#.
- To generate OTP – *945*15#.
- For DSTV subscription payment – Dial *945*16*smartcardnumber#.
- For GoTV subscription payment – Dial *945*17*smartcardnumber#.
- For Startimes subscription payments – Dial *945*18*smartcardnumber*amount#.
- To Pay electricity bills – Dial *945*19*metrenumber*amount#. This works for only PHEDC, IKEDC, EKEDC, BEDC, EEDC, KEDCO, KANO, JEDC and IBEDC discos (Electricity distribution companies).
- For Smile subscription payments – Dial *945*20*idnumber#.
- For Swift4GBroadband subscription – Dial *945*21*idnumber*amount#.
- For Merchant Payment – Dial *945*22*MERCHANTCODE*amount#.
- For LCC Toll payment – Dial *945*23*LCC account number*AMOUNT#