In this post, we will be putting together how to use Sterling bank USSD code or Sterling bank transfer code to transfer money to a Sterling bank and other banks. We will also add how to use sterling bank USSD code to recharge your airtime and pay bills.
Sterling banks transfer code is designed to make banking easier as you can do it at the comfort of your home without internet and with just any phone. But bear in mind that Sterling Bank USSD code works only from the phone number associated with your sterling Bank account and you also need to register for the USSD banking code service.
- Features of *822# – Sterling Bank’s transfer code or banking code
- How to use Sterling Bank USSD code to transfer money
- How to use Sterling Bank USSD code to recharge airtime
- How to use Sterling Bank USSD code to pay bills
- How to use Sterling Bank USSD code to check your account number and balance
- How to open Sterling Bank account using USSD
- How to carry-out cardless withdrawal on Sterling Bank by USSD
Features of *822# – Sterling Bank’s transfer code or banking code
- Service is available to all Telecommunication networks (Airtel, Glo, MTN, 9Mobile).
- Sterling bank transfer code is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
- Allows you to purchase airtime, pay bills, make transfers to any bank account in Nigeria.
- Secured – Users are required to create transaction PIN for secure transactions.
- Default limit at registration is N20,000.
- You can increase your transaction limit with your debit card, to a maximum of N100,000 per transaction.
- An additional PIN is required to transact with higher limits (Above N20,000 up to N100,000).
How to use Sterling Bank USSD code to transfer money
To transfer money using Sterling Bank’s USSD code.
- Dial *822*amount*accountnumber#.
Example: Dial 82220000*0071234567# to transfer ₦20,000. Follow on-screen instructions and authenticate. This service costs N21 for money transfer to a Sterling bank’s account and N52.5 for money transfer to another bank.
How to use Sterling Bank USSD code to recharge airtime
You can use sterling bank’s transfer code to recharge airtime for yourself and other phone lines.
- Dial *822*AMOUNT#- for self recharge.
Example: Dial 822500# to recharge ₦500 on your own phone.
- Dial *822*AMOUNT*PhoneNumber# – for third party recharge.
Example: Dial 822500*08123456789# from your mobile phone to recharge another phone line with ₦500 airtime. There is no service fee for this transaction.
How to use Sterling Bank USSD code to pay bills
You can use sterling Bank’s transfer code to pay bills, you will need the merchant/biller’s code and a unique number to use the direct method.
- Dial *822*BillerCode*UniqueCode*Amount#.
Alternatively, if you do not know any the above numbers,
- Dial *822*2# to see different billers.
How to use Sterling Bank USSD code to check your account number and balance
- To check your account number: *822*8#
- To check your Account Balance: *822*6#
Both operations will cost you N10.5 with VAT included.
How to open Sterling Bank account using USSD
Account opening can be done easily using sterling Bank’s transfer code. You don’t need to fill long forms or be at the banking hall. Also, it works without the internet and from any phone.
- Dial *822*7# and follow the onscreen prompts.
How to carry-out cardless withdrawal on Sterling Bank by USSD
It is still possible for you to withdraw from the ATM without your debit card, in case you forgot it at home.
- Dial *822*42# and follow the prompts to create a one-time PIN (OTP).
Enter your transaction pin for confirmation, a code will be sent to your mobile number via SMS. At the ATM choose cardless withdraw options and enter the OTP pin sent to your phone number.
Other operations you can carry out with Sterling Bank’s USSD code or transfer code (*822#) are: Making LCC toll payments, Reset PIN and Manage debit card.
All account numbers and phone numbers used here are only for demonstration purpose.