Korra Obidi is a famous Nigerian pro dancer, singer-songwriter, film actress, and model. She is notable for her unconventional fashion style, for which she’s often criticized and bullied by netizens. In some ways, her controversial fashion sense and social media lifestyle keep her in the spotlight; thus far, she is enjoying every bit of it.
She is arguably one of the most misunderstood public figures, as there’s a lot about her that the general public opinion has somewhat influenced. In this article, I’d share facts about her and everything else you may or may not have known about her. Before I do that, let’s take a quick look at her profile summary.
|Birth Name||Anita Chukwumfumnaya Obidi|
|Birth City||Lagos State|
|Date of birth||June 23, 1994|
|State of Origin||Delta State|
|Sister||Uche Umeh (nee Obidi)|
|Ex-husband||Dr. Justin Dean|
|Daughters||June Dean and Athena Dean|
|Skin Color/Hair Color||Black/Black|
|Education||Command Secondary School, Ojo Lagos,|
University of Lagos
|Net worth||$500,000 – $1,000,000|
Korra Obidi Biography, Age
Korra Obidi was born Anita Chukwumfumnaya Obidi on June 23, 1994 in Lagos State, Nigeria. How old is Korra Obidi? She’s 32 years old and is originally from the Ogboli clan of Oshimili North Local Government Area of Delta State. Though she grew up in Lagos State, her family hails from the South Southern extraction of Nigeria. Her parents are Anthony and the late Pauline Obidi, and her siblings are Nancy Umeh and Charity Korra has one brother and two sisters, of which Nancy Umeh (nee Obidi) is one of them.
She grew up in a religious Deeper Life family but stood against the doctrine of her church in order to make a name for herself in the dancing niche.
According to my information, she was raised in a Christian household, where her parents attended Deeper Christian Life Ministry. Likewise, she still holds her Christian faith in high esteem but in a more liberal context. Her childhood years were filled with memories as her family’s love for music was glaring, which inspired her interest in music from a very young age.
For her education, Chukwumfumnaya Anita Obidi obtained her First School Leaving Certificate from a local school in Lagos State; she later enrolled at Command Secondary School, Ojo Lagos, where she earned her West African Examination Certificate. She had her university education at the prestigious University of Lagos, from 2007 – 2011, and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration.
Like most people who are into dancing, Korra Obidi has a slim body type and is flexible, too. She stands five feet seven inches tall, equivalent to 1.7 meters.
Is Korra Obidi Married?
Yes, Korra Obidi was married to Dr. Justin Dean, but she is divorced from him now.
Her husband, Dr. Justin, was born on June 30, 1988, in the United States of America (35 years old). He’s an American chiropractor and sports therapist known for his physiotherapy clinic brand, “Dean’s Sports Therapist.” Also, he is the founder of the holistic pain management solution named “the NeuroCentric Approach.” He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology and Exercise Science from Eastern Oregon University – class of 2011. He also obtained a doctor of chiropractic degree from the University of Western States (class of 2014).
Korra and her husband, Dr. Justin, met through the Tinder dating app in China while she was teaching the Chinese language through dance in Shanghai, China. On the other hand, Dr. Justin was a sports therapist for the Chinese National Olympics Team. After their meetings, they started dating and courted for a few years.
In December 2017, they tied their traditional nuptial knot in a traditional wedding ceremony held in Lagos State. On July 9, 2019, they had their first child, whom they named June Dean (4 years old). On March 2, 2022, they welcomed their second daughter and last child together, whom they named Athena Jean (18 months old).
Korra Obidi’s Divorce
In March 2022, barely up to a week after their second daughter’s birth, Korra Obidi’s husband, Dr. Justin, took to his Instagram account to announce that he wanted a divorce from Korra. Meanwhile, fans and supporters took Justin’s earlier post as a prank. Justin took to his Instagram story to reaffirm his submission with the caption, “Not a joke.”
“Korra Obidi and I are getting a divorce. It is over! I would not be treated this way any longer. I did my absolute best to make it work. I did not want this, I did my best, my heart is broken. I supported her, loved her and I don’t deserve the way I was treated,” Dr. Justin accused Korra of maltreatment on an Instagram post.
Their breakup started when Dr. Justin Dean accused Korra Obidi of domestic violence, mismanagement of funds, and infidelity. And as such, he demanded spousal support, but the court in California couldn’t grant him.
The lovers have concluded their divorce proceedings, but there’s more. The court ruling that officiated their divorce ruled that neither Korra nor Dr. Justin would have full access to their nor would they be allowed to take pictures of their children and share the same on any social media platforms.
Before now, they often post pictures and videos of their toddlers on their different social media accounts. An act in which netizens accused them of exploiting their kids to their advantage.
Korra Obidi Career
Anita Chukwumfumnaya Obidi started her career in 2007 when she was sixteen. She made her debut as a dancer with her appearance in a music video for a song by the Nigerian female rapper Sasha P. During her years at the University of Lagos, she started her modeling career and also won several awards in shows held;
- In 2014, she won Miss Congeniality for Global Nigeria.
- She once appeared as one of the prominent guests at the GTBank Fashion Week and The Port Harcourt International Fashion Week.
- She was among the African artists to sing at the Burj AI Arab Event in Dubai, UAE.
- In 2007, she was Miss Radiography and Miss Moremi at the University of Lagos.
Korra’s appearance in Davido’s Owo Ni Koko 2014 song put her in the spotlight. She later received an AFRIMMA nomination for Best Dancer in 2017.
In 2019, she was one of the contestants of the year’s edition of America Talent Show tagged “So You Think You Can Dance.” She was heavily pregnant at the time of the competition, and she won viewers’ hearts because she flexed her body despite her pregnancy. Also, she became one of the artists selected to perform in the famous “Basketball Africa League 2017/2018 season.”
Korra had a brief appearance as a child actor. However, in 2022, she made her first appearance in decades in the movies with the Nollywood hit film “What If.” She went on to feature in other movies and TV series, including;
- Lumba Boys, alongside Francis Duru
- Another Ordinary Day
- Saro, the Musical
- The Flatmates
She is the owner of the founder and CEO of the Los Angeles, California, State-based art brand, “Korr Arts.” She specializes in belly dance, Latin ballroom, Indian classical, ballet, and a few modern dance steps. She is supported by her fan base called “Korreans.” Her website is korraobidi.com, while her business email address is contactkorraobidi.com.
Korra Obidi Books
Korra has authored a couple of books that might interest you. Here are some of her books;
- My Pregnancy by Korra Obidi: Released on March 18, 2021, The 30 pages book is a diary-like memoir where she shares her journey through all the trimesters of her first pregnancy. She shared tips on avoiding stretchmarks and headaches, along with tips on the nutrition she made, which helped her cope.
- Korra and the Last Seed of Odinani: In March 2022, she published the book under the McBride Collection of Stories LLC to primarily educate children about Nigerian culture. In the book, she tells the story of Princess Korra, who is on a journey to save the seven kingdoms in Delta from pollution, with modern thinking and guidance from her family.
- Korra Is Live: Published on Amazon Best Seller on January 31, 2023, Korra Obidi shares her story of all that went down in her marriage and divorce shenanigans with her ex-husband, Dr. Justin Dean. She narrated her trip from Lagos to meeting her husband in China, their marriage, relocation to the U.S., and finally divorcing. For her, there are two sides to every story.
After Korra is Live was published, her ex-husband Dr. Justin, threatened legal action against “Korra Is Live.” He has yet to make any move since we published this article.
Korra Obidi Music Career, Songs
Korra Obidi started her music career by releasing her debut single, “Man Like You,” in 2015. Thus far, she has released over ten songs and counting, including;
- Money be person
- Vibration featuring Victoria Kimani
- Rest of mind
In 2016, Korra came up with an album titled “Woman Power Series,” which has nine songs, including; Sugar, Man Like You, No Time, Jeje, etc. Five years later, she released a 4-track-EP album titled “Sounds From The Throne Room.” In 2023, Korra released a 4-track EP with songs like Knock on Wood and Toxic Love.
Big Korra is one of her hit singles, and it went viral, so Big Korra is one of her hit singles, and it went viral on social media, thanks to the Amapiano beats and dance steps.
Korra Obidi Net worth
Korra Obidi has an estimated net worth between $500,000 and $1 million. She earns her net worth from her career as a musician, dancer, actress, and social media influencer.
Social Media Handles
- Facebook: Korra Obidi @korraobidi1 (6.7 million followers) – joined on May 24, 2011
- Instagram: @korraobidi (1.6 million followers) – joined in April 2012
- TikTok: @korraobidi (1.7 million followers, 18.6 million likes)
- Twitter: @korraobidi (10.9k thousand followers)
- YouTube: Korra Obidi @korraobidi (338k thousand followers, 315 videos; 59.07 million views) — joined on June 14, 2014
FAQ About Korra Obidi
- Is Korra Obidi rich? Yes, she is. Looking at her net worth and booming career, it is glaring that she is rich.
- Where does Korra Obidi Live? She lives in California, U.S. Her exact house address is at Santa Monica, Santa Monica, CA, United States California. However, she visits her home country, Nigeria, from time to time.
- Korra Obidi is from which State? Korra is from Delta State in Nigeria.
- How old is Korra Obidi Husband? Korra’s husband, Dr. Justin Dean, is 35 years old.
- How Old is Korra Obidi’s Daughter? Her first daughter, June Dean, is 4 years old and her second daughter, Athena Dean, is 18 months old.
- Is Korra Obidi a Princess? Korra’s family is royalty-related, so she’s technically a Princess.
Share your thoughts on Korra Obidi. Is she one of your favorite dancers and social media sensations? Have you watched any movies of hers? What do you love most about her online personality? Tell me all about that in the comments section.