We coupled a list of motivational quotes that won’t work considering the condition in Nigeria. Not that motivational quotes don’t inspire any longer, but it takes more than words to move Nigerians.
These motivational quotes would’ve worked if not for the things we face everyday that say differently.
1. The patient dog eats the fattest bone.
This one doesn’t apply while at the bus stop. If you dare exercise patience during a bus rush hour, you are on your own.
2. You never change your life until you step out of your comfort zone; change begins at the end of your comfort zone.
I don’t get it. Is Nigeria not uncomfortable enough for the change to being ?
3. Keep your dreams alive.
Are you saying we should keep sleeping ? How we gon’ make the money ?
4. Successful people stay up and burn the midnight oil.
No and I can’t.
5. Slow and steady wins the race.
6. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
Wait until mama Nkechi pours dirty water on you white church cloth on a Sunday morning.
7. A quitter never wins and a winner never quits.
Please don’t say this near someone that lost a bet he staked with his school fees on Bet9ja.
8. It’s not what enters men’s mouths that’s evil. It’s what comes out of their mouths that is.
I don’t think this one applies to these girls on night duty.
9. Education is the key to success.
You can’t say that. Best graduating student in UNN (University of Nigeria, Nsukka) received a monetary award sum of 10,000 naira. After much social media rant they made it 500k. Meanwhile the grand prize for Big Brother Naija is N60 million naria.
Success just changed it locks. Its now wisdom.
Don’t try this in mainland, not everyone is in the mood.
11. A great teacher who is full of excitement and love for her students can make all the difference in their lives.
I don’t think you mean this type of teachers.
12. Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds.
Agboro boys concur.